Our Yahoo Group
Joining a group may require a simple registration process if you are not already a member of Facebook or myspace.
The Healing Light Institute of Spirituality is an idea based on a universal spiritual principle and that is ‘God is love.’ Although this simple statement may appear to be obscure or even obvious to some, it is the guiding principle that shapes and defines the values and objectives of the Institute.The values of the institute are simple, we believe that each and every human being is of value and has the ability to change their lives and have a positive impact on the lives of others. We believe in peace and understanding the meaning of peace. We also believe in the universal connection between man and the God, and that each and every human being is a part of God and has the ability to communicate with God. We also believe in the human soul and in the evolution process of the human soul, and that each and every human being has a purpose which is to grow the soul by living a life that is based on the spiritual essences of love, sensitivity, compassion and understanding.
Other core principles of the Healing Light Institute of Spirituality are truth and reason, and through our thinking skills, understanding and our awareness we can change this world for the better and the lives of the people that we live with.May we all find the peace and love that we are searching for.
The Institute is NOT a religious organisation. It is however, spiritually holistic in that is it is our belief that those who develop a holistic belief, for many a belief in God and the human soul, has proved extremely important to their recovery, and for this reason the Institute strongly believes in character development and physical well-being.Problems that can rob lives of abused children and adults are many. A few of these are:
- loss of self esteem
- self loathing
- strong fears of the opposite sex
- fear of touch
- fear of closed places
- fear of dark rooms, cellars and cupboards
- relationship problems
- over sensitivity to smells
- unable to trust
Other problems are retarded learning as children, moody and sullen behaviour, bed-wetting, crying in their sleep, eating disorders, poor memory and detached non-interested behaviour. Many of these continue into adulthood along with the inability to retain any job for any length of time. Nerves, neurosis and suicides are common. This is only a very brief outline of the largest unspoken problem in our modern society.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- To offer healing help to the many individuals who have suffered sexual, physical or mental abuse which has left those people unable to function or lead a useful life in society.
- As well as direct counselling and support, individuals will be able to attend classes in social behavioural problems and inter-personal problems within family life were relevant.
- To support and sustain a continual stable refuge for those who may relapse.
- To offer, where desired, a spiritual background of understanding and, if requested, classes of further development. The website will also provide information on a wide variety of topics.
- The Institute’s overall aim, is to help individuals back into society who can take their place as mentally healthy and stable people who have a potential future of happiness. The Institute will use whatever legal means necessary to obtain its objectives.
- The Institute shall endeavour to gain premises for short-term treatments and intense therapy under safe conditions.
- Help and required education shall be based on need, and will not take into account religious inclinations or financial resources. Treatment will be free and financial needs met by private or public donations.
- The objectives of the Institute, as previously stated, will be best obtained by creating a public charity which will grow and be sustainable over the years ahead. The charity’s members, including many who have or will receive help, will be the best people to help raise funds by all the normal methods acceptable in law. It is not the charity’s desire to pay fundraisers for this operation, and, as and when the workload and funds are able to maintain full-time staff, reasonable remuneration shall be paid at the discretion of the Trustees.
- The Institute is governed by Scottish Law, by the rules of the Inland Revenue, and any regulations required under the Charities Act
The Healing Light Institute of Spirituality 2009